Friday, April 16, 2010

The Itch

This entry will take more courage to write than most.

I’ve always been open about the fact that I was pretty much exclusively a bottom boy when I first started having sex with men. I stayed that way until the day I was twenty-one or twenty-two and I hooked up with a florist who took me in the back room of his workplace, stripped down to his skin, hopped up on one of the metal worktables, lubed up my dick, and guided me into him. The feeling of his ass around my cock was so electric, and my orgasm was so fast and amazingly strong, that I was hooked on topping after that, and rarely looked back.

I attribute my years as a bottom to making me a better top. Once in a while, though, the old itch returns. The following is difficult for me to admit for a number of reasons, but I fantasize about bottoming more than I really care to admit. The last time I was successfully topped, though, was about six or seven years ago. It’s been a while.

Last May the itch got too much for me to handle. I wanted it scratched, and badly. After mustering up the courage (which took a few days), I wrote a Craiglist ad that read:

Let me be blunt. I've been pretty much exclusively top since my early twenties. Since then I've bottomed for three, maybe four guys, and liked it only with one. I'm looking for a versatile man or another top who's willing to take his time and be real gentle about opening me up and helping me want it. I'm nervous as hell even asking for some butt play.

The stats: I'm forty-five, taller than average, more hung than average, 160#, bearded, good looking. I'm open to all ages and races. Only responses with photos will get mine.

I got only three responses. One was from a guy I knew socially and disliked, and who did not impress me by sending a photo that was ten years and a hundred pounds out of date. Another was from a former playmate that I didn’t want to see again. The third, however, really caught my eye.

I'm discreet, 48, 5'11", 160, 34w, 42c, br/blu, trim bearded, in great shape - swim & work out daily, well hung with 8"ct, shaved, clean, DDF, I'd would love to be the man to flip you.  I have the understanding, patience and experience.  The appeal of flipping a top is really growing on me as an exciting first experience. I can't send pictures through CL, but will send face pic for yours when you reply. 

We swapped photos. The guy was handsome. I mean, really handsome. He seemed to appreciate all the same foreplay I enjoyed. His lean good looks were really appealing. What hooked me, though, is that when I asked about a quirk in his email address, he responded with a thoughtful multi-paragraph reply about Native American tribal totems and their importance to him. It was that mixture of smarts and piggishness that appealed to me the most.

I told him upfront in my email my sad limitations—that although I enjoy anal attention, I honestly have extreme difficulties asking for it when I’m with another guy. He’d know that I was enjoying it when it happened, certainly. Would he ever. But I told him I was essentially asking him in advance, while I could still do it comfortably, to take charge, set the pace, and get me to the point where he could fuck me. He was fine with that.

It was only two days after I placed the ad that we met. Neither of us had any surprises from outdated photos. I found him astonishingly attractive, and he seemed very into me as he maneuvered me into the bedroom and onto the mattress. He knew how to take charge nicely, I had to admit. He loosened me up with a lot of passionate making out interspersed with talk about how attractive he found me. Piece by piece he removed my clothing, refusing to let me help.

When we were both naked, he turned me over and raked his beard over my neck and back while he breathed warm air on my skin, all to make me gasp and shiver. My butt quivered when he gave more of the same treatment to it—and then he used his hands to separate my cheeks and bury his face between them. I was in absolute bliss for the half-hour or more he rimmed away. The guy was spoiling me, to be honest; I wanted it to last forever.

When I was wet and wanting, he used lube and spit and eased his thumb up my hole. I gasped and clutched the pillows, but it felt good. I needed it. The prostate massage he began to give me had me quaking. “Do you like it?” I remember him asking me.

The question unloosed my lips. “Oh god, oh god, oh god,” I remember saying over and over again. I couldn’t stop. For several long moments while he eased in and out, just playing with my chute with his fingers, I repeated the two words over and over, almost as if I was praying. Just as I always do, however, when I’m enjoying anal play, I started to feel guilty about it. I know it makes no sense, and I know it’s something I need to stop doing. I’m aware of my issues; I just have a problem overcoming them in the heat of the moment. My “oh gods” changed and became a soft and whispered stream of, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” I’m not even sure I was aware of it.

“What’s the matter?” he asked, noticing the change after a moment or two. He left his thumb in my hole, but moved up so that his mouth was closer to my ear. I could feel his cock rigid against my back. “Am I hurting you?”

“No,” I said, breathless. “You’re not hurting me.”

For a minute I thought he didn’t believe me, because he stayed so still. Then he said, “You were raped.” The way he phrased the words wasn’t really as a question, so I didn’t really feel the requirement to answer. “As an adult?” That was a question. I raised my head once, then lowered it in as close to a nod as I cared to get. “Fuck,” he said. “I’m so sorry, baby.”

“Please don’t be,” I managed to say. It was really too complex a topic to address right then, with both of us hard and naked and his left thumb jabbed up my hole. There are parts of my history I’ve made peace with, and that’s one of them. It’s just unfortunate that one of the lasting side effects has been a certain muteness and a lot of apprehension, in the heat of the moment. But afterward he changed. I don’t know if I was damaged goods to him (I certainly don’t think of myself that way), or the unicorn in a glass menagerie (I’m not), or whether he worried about what his drooling dick wanted to do reflected badly on himself (it shouldn’t have).

He played with my ass a little more, and we made out and enjoyed each other, but then we ended up doing what’s happened every other goddamned time I’ve gotten up the nerve to bottom and sought out a top to do it—he talked about what a big dick I had, sucked it, and talked me into fucking him. Twice.

Which, you know. Doesn’t take a lot of talking, admittedly.

When he left, I wanted to kick myself for putting my ass in the air for a hell of a nice guy who was hot to top me, but astute and attuned enough to be insightful. I should’ve stuck with a dumb brute who just wanted to fuck, though intellectually I know that would’ve had me yelping and diving beneath the bedsheets faster than a virgin facing a boatload of pillaging Vikings.

I have my issues. We all do. I try to be honest about mine when I can. Most of all, I try to be tender to this particular issue. Sometimes I poke fun of it, because if it takes itself too seriously, lord knows where that will lead. Mostly I acknowledge it, and honor it as a part of me.

But on those rare occasions I get the itch, I’ll be damned if I don’t want it scratched.

20 comments:

  1. I like you stick at what you enjoy most. Good for you!!

    idontunderstanditeither.blogspot.com

    TLQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see that coming. I'm sorry for your pain. I honestly don't know what to say except thanks for your honesty and I am sending you a big hug today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stud 4 Rent, I will always take a hug from you (or more). Not need to be somber, though. Life is great!

    Have a great weekend, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will echo other comments here by saying thank you for being so honest. I will also say you are certainly not "damaged goods". We all have our baggage. That's not to minimize what you went through. You need someone who knows this part of your history, and will help you move through it, if you want that itch scratched. Just an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must have been hard to write, but I hope the sharing helps. This guy sounds like someone you might trust to try again. You showed your vulnerability to him and to us and that just makes you more understandable and for the right guy, even more attractive. I had no idea you would share this incident today, but did acknowledge you in my own blog indirectly last night. On your site here, I want to also acknowledge what a positive impact you have had on my own thinking about sexuality, and on looking to more clearly understand my own past as a way to have a more healthy future. And I am learning now from your past. Thanks for your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jayson,

    It was our email conversation that got me thinking about this incident last year. So thanks for helping me explore something I was finding difficult to write about. Your encouragement and kind words are the best things I could've heard this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you try again with that guy. I don't think he considered you "damaged goods," I think he just thought you weren't into it after all. Tell him otherwise next time you get the itch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous,

    I really appreciate you saying that. Maybe I'll give it another go when that blue moon comes around and I'm in the mood again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how to respond. I wish I could hug you and give you the pleasure of my body. I know that it won't change anything but...hmm...I don't know. Have a good weekend, and yes, I think you should try with that guy again. You seem like a great guy, who should have all of his itches scratched. :)

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Writer, that would be an awfully good pleasure. Thanks for the good thoughts, and have a good weekend yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO I admit I'm a little behind with the blog. Sorry. But damn. Good sex partners are hard to find. Great ones are gold. This one was a gem.

    As always, you know how to tackle it and peel away at what lies beneath. We both know the pain and how it emerges at the most unlikely moments. And how we try to fuck it away and it doesn't always disappear.

    Much love, cum brother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so very, very sorry. I know how hard it is. I envy you in a way; you had a sexuality clean of this, for part of your adult life. I grew up with it , myself. There was never a time I can remember when I didn't feel defiled, when I wasn't saying 'I'm sorry, I want to be good, I'm sorry..' in the back of my mind; trying to atone, to be clean again. Sometimes I feel like I never will. The irony is that I initially read your blog and IBI's because of the naked joy you both seem to take in sex. Its escapism, a way to outrun my own fear in the same situation. I'm sorry if my sharing this seems stupid, but I couldn't help empathizing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous,

    Thank you for sharing. Your words really moved me, and trust me, I empathize. How in the world could it be stupid?

    I'd hate for you to have the impression that I don't get a lot of joy out of the sex I have . . . because I do. It's a great release and a fantastic hobby. Sex is a messy human affair rife with as many complications and uglinesses as it is with pleasures. You're not going to find anyone, I don't think, who hasn't experienced both ends of that spectrum.

    That particular ugliness is always going to be there for me. I can't ignore it or make it go away. What I do is to avoid letting it narrate my life. Keeping a journal that focuses on the sweetnesses and the humor of sex has let me be my life's narrator, rather than handing over the reins. If that makes sense.

    I really appreciated your comment a lot. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And thank you, Sir! It was a relief to share. I'm trying to get out of letting fear and shame narrate mine. I'm still working on it, the flashbacks are a stone bitch. Thank you for your courage and your honesty.

    I guess, I'm conflicted, a classic love/hate relationship with sex, not uncommon down yonder, where I was raised, and emphasized by my abusers' efforts. The decade they had me, from three to twelve is supposed to be really sexually formative, but I'm trying to repair some of the damage. I'm astonished to see others recover so well from this.

    Some of this is complicated by other issues < my disability, cerebral palsy, left me helpless in the hands of my abusers' and I've never been able to shake the shame of that.>
    First and foremost, I know they wanted a victim. I was selected because I was small and helpless and unable to fight them off or escape, the better to be tortured. I understand that, intellectually, its the emotional aspect thats hard. There's so much that still haunts me.

    I broke my glasses the other day, and being blind in the dark brought flashbacks of my older abuser making me try to escape him in his darkened house, letting me think I could get away, letting me think he wouldn't hurt me that time if I could. Telling me I must want to be his little whore, because I didn't try harder.. Of course, in the end, he raped me again and I slunk home to soak the blood out of my underwear, praying the bleeding would stop. It seemed like so much, at age six.

    The really horrible thing about this is that I want to cry about it, and I can't. Tears excited him, made it worse, so I learned not to..and since then, I became unable to at all. Out of so much he and my cousins stole from me, somehow that bothers me the most.

    I've never dared be this open about that time in my life. Thank you so much for listening.

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  15. Will,

    Thanks for sharing all that. If anything, it's a reminder that there are a lot of frightening people out there. That would be a lot to endure at any age. I hope you've got someone there to listen, because it sounds like it'd be good for you to get it out.

    Thanks again for being open, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It takes a lot of guts to open up like you did in this post. Many kudos, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just recently stumbled across your blog and have been reading it from the start.

    Your descriptive writing is flawless and your stories are boner inducing.

    This one I had to comment on otherwise I'd feel like a heartless prick.

    I'm so sorry for the experience you've been through. Based on all the stories before this I wouldn't have guessed you went through an ordeal as gruesome as that. Just goes to show no matter how bad a situation you can come out the other side unscathed.

    Looking forward to reading all of your sexual escapades whenever I'm horny (aka 24/7).

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are simply awesome! Such openness and honesty; to be followed by the caring and kindness offered to an anonymous commenter. I am truly struck with awe and gratitude.
    And I send my best wishes, hopes and love to you and Will.
    JPinPDX

    ReplyDelete