Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey!

Thanksgiving is one of those U.S. holidays that I've always taken for granted. It's usually one of those days I simply endure—the endless food preparation, the clunkiness of the parades, the chilly and damp weather, the football, the overstuffed feelings afterward. It's all been crap I have to get through in order to return to a more normal life after.

This year, though, I've been through a lot I hadn't expected. Separation from family, losses, the stress of preparing to change households and scenery. All of the anxiety has thrown into sharp relief those things that are important to me. I've been grateful for every single blessing. Not just today, but every day.

And among those unexpected delights are the friendships and interactions I've had with the readers of my blog. For all of you I'm thankful—from the frequent commenters to those who peek in every once in a while, and those who read silently and keep coming back. To all of you I wish the best on this holiday.

If you're celebrating today, Happy Thanksgiving! If you're outside the country or if this is an ordinary Thursday for you, still know I'm grateful to have you around.

22 comments:

  1. The feeling is mutual. We have many things to be thankful for, you are one of them. It adds a spring to my step everytime I check in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Rob/Breeder/Mr.Steed/friend. I love this holiday for it's simplicity and directness - it's not about presents, dressing up, nationalism, or shedding the past in the hope of a fresh beginning. It's an invitation to remember where we are and how we got here, an embracing of what we have and who we love. May your day be rich with memories, blessings, and joy. And thank you for being a part of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great day. And I'm thankful for you, your honesty and cander...brilliant.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for everything, my friend. :)

    William

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the pleasure you bring to so many men!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thankful I discovered your amazing blog and the adventures you write about! I look forward to reading you every day! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! Eric

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rob-

    Wishing you & your loved ones all my best this Thanksgiving!

    MassBear

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving from Australia.

    Cheers

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rob - I thank you for your time!! It is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vancouver Steve,

    Thanks for that. I'm like Dr. Scholl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jonking,

    Thank you, sir. It's a pleasure to know you, and I'm honored by your sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. David,

    Thanks! I hope Thanksgiving in your new home was all it could and should have been.

    ReplyDelete
  13. William,

    You're welcome, and many thanks in return.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BlkJack,

    That can be interpreted in so many ways. I'll interpret it in all the dirty ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eric,

    I'm glad to be a part of your day, man. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. MassBear,

    You know I appreciate it. Thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jamie,

    Thanks! I'm envious of your summer, right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. General, sir,

    And I think you for your comment. It's appreciated as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am very thankful to have discovered your blog. Your ability to express so many different feelings and emotions through your writing is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love you, my good friend. I hope you got through the day well and not so over-stuffed. For my part I love turkey and for once got to eat the drumstick. :)

    The overstuffing didn't come til later that night when a friend took me home from the club and proceeded to breed me twice over the course of the night. :)

    Woke up this morning to snow covering everything.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Turkey Day belated. Although ours was more of a Happy Beef Day.

    Oh well. Red meat. White meat, Dark meat. As long as its meat, its a happy holiday. :O)

    Transitions are often stressful and difficult. Sometimes we can change nothing but the approach to them which we take.

    Moving, they say, is a bigger stress to some people than is DEATH.

    (At least with death, you get to lie down, I guess). :O)

    You're a moveable feast though. Never forget that. Anywhere you go, there will be your life and who it is you are.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am very thankful to have found your blog and your friendship. Thankfulness that isn't restricted to any one day.
    JPinPDX

    ReplyDelete