Friday, May 21, 2010

Spreading the Love

I've had a couple of sites be generous to me over the last week and send some new readers my way—thank you again, The Sword and Roids And Rants! So while I'm working on an erotic entry about an encounter last night with an old favorite, I'd like to spread the love and recommend a few other blogs deserving of more readers.

Edgy Husband: A Gay Man's Quest for Sex Within and Outside of His Long-Term Relationship 
Mark Mann has been with his partner for two decades, but is finding that the sex has all but vanished from their once very-physical relationship. In his entries, he writes quite movingly of wishing to recapture what once was, while grappling with the alternatives he may find himself taking. I like Mark's smooth and literate style, and his ability to invoke melancholy without fearing it, or apologizing for it. It's his ability to hold himself and his own motives under a spotlight, however, and unflinchingly examine himself that makes his blog a must-read whenever I see it updated.

High Contrast Cock
I know, half of you saw the word cock and already clicked the link. To those of you remaining, let me describe this blog in a sentence: its artist, Craig Lapras, snaps photos of his dick and foreskin. The thing is, the photos aren't the standard 'Here's my stiffie!' affair. They're well-composed, beautiful, and often witty. Acting as his own model, Craig puts his cock through more torturous shoots than all previous seasons of Top Model, and the results are often stunning. I've suggested he write a proposal for a coffee-table photography book based on the site. And I expect a dedication.

Gruntraq: Rantings, Writings, and Tales of a Twisted Gay Construction Stud
New on the horizon this week, Gruntraq's blog is a nicely-written mix of true life recollections and erotic stories, for those of you who need a good daily dose of smut. The guy spent a lot of time this week backloading some old stories of his to round out his blog—give them a read-through. They'll probably appeal to you.

Hot Guys Reading Books
It's pretty much the same site as Guys with iPhones, yes. Except instead of (mostly) hot guys wielding that ubiquitous chunk of techno-geekery, this site collects and displays photos of some (mostly) comely men holding big, hefty, thick . . . books. Come on. I know some of you guys want to submit your photos to this site. I'd enjoy it more than your iPhone.

10 comments:

  1. your going to get bigger and bigger-- Pun intended! :-) Meant your blog too....Have a good weekend buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RAD,

    Thanks! You have a great weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, I am soooo honored and humbled by your very kind words, I don't know what to say. Except thank you...For what you wrote here about my blog, for all you share in your own blog about yourself and your experiences, and for the generous and sensitive comments you always leave for me on my posts that make me feel heard and understood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,

    You're very welcome. Come to think of it, you're right. I am amazing, generous, sensitive, and modest. Go me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I 'discovered' you through RawTop's blog; I was bored and horny, as I always am when I go there, but I was in the mood for some other blogs, so I went to his forum/blog roll. Yours was one of two blogs amongst the myriad with five-stars and double-digit comments, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Now, I know. ;)

    Thanks for the hookup, always good to add a few solid bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. J.,

    No, thank you. I've been pleased to get some readers (and in your case, a commenter) from RawTop's BreedingZone boards. I set up a profile there so I could refer to the occasional comment I'd get over there, but haven't fully looked at the rest of the forums.

    I'm very glad you came over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're too kind! Thanks for the mention, it makes me incredibly happy to know that you and others appreciate my 'hard' work. I will definitely take your advice and work on a proposal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Craig,

    I just hoped to net you a few more readers. You deserve many.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Late to the party and so much is missing. I'm so very glad that you are still here posting. Hopefully it has not become a drudgery and you find much in your life to share. I know, and you know by now, how much I am impressed by it.
    JPinPDX

    ReplyDelete