Monday, October 4, 2010

Dumb Fuck: Part 1

dude i cant find ur house, flashed the text message on my phone. what does it look like?

It’s the only house on the block that has the light on, I messaged him. Then, as an afterthought, It’s the only house with a for-sale sign.

so what does it look like? he repeated.

It’s two stories, has a big front porch with a bench, a FOR SALE sign, brick front steps, roses in the garden. I hit the send button and then walked to the front bedroom to see if I might spot the guy. I saw his car sitting directly in front of the house. You’re parked right in front of it!, I punched out.

If text messages could come with something to convey tone, mine might have sounded like a dog baring his teeth. He didn’t pick up on the growl, though. i dont think so dont see anything like that, he sent back, and a second later, I heard him release the brakes. I watched in astonishment as he sailed away, down the street.

Was he playing me? I couldn’t quite tell. I’d noticed the guy a couple of times before on Manhunt, but we’d never talked until Friday night, when he sent me a brief greeting and unlocked his photos. Bobby, he said his name was. The pictures told a story, or so I thought; the first was of a slim and muscular young man lying face down on a bed, wearing nothing but a jock that framed his perfect, round, bubble butt. His hands clutched the bedframe; his feet were restrained in cuffs. It was the kind of photo that made my dick stand instantly erect.

The next couple of photos showed how handsome was his face. His eyes were so beautifully-formed they seemed almost feminine, but his features were rugged, photogenic, and movie star-like. His chest was muscular and well-made, his sculpted arms every gym-bunny’s dream. The first several photos showed him with unblemished skin, but the rest were of a man covered in tattoos—so obviously they had to be more recent. There were some subtle differences between the inked photos and their earlier counterparts. The guy’s stomach wasn’t quite as flat; he had a little bit of a paunch, even. His butt seemed a little saggier, his face less angular and sharp.

Okay, I thought to myself. The guy has gotten a little out of shape over time, and threw in a few older photos to lure guys in. I was fine with that, to an extent. It was after midnight. I’d been idly hunting for someone to play with for over two hours at that point, and Bobby seemed interested, so I’d given him directions to my house and waited for him to show.

Now, from his place to mine the directions were fairly simple. Head up one big street for two miles. Turn right. Travel four blocks. Turn right again, and find me four houses down on the right-hand side. That was it—straight line, right turn, four blocks, right turn, four houses. Easy, right?

Not for this guy. From my perch in the window I watched as he re-parked at the far end of the block, then got out of his car and walked up to a house on the other side of the street so that he could peer at the address. i thought u said I was parked in front of ur house, he messaged.

“Idiot!” I barked at no one in particular. The guy was such a dumb fuck! My instructions had been perfectly clear. God knows they’d gotten plenty of other men to my front door. I looked up and down the dark street, and sure enough, mine was the only one with a porch light burning, making it look like Las Vegas in the middle of a dark desert. “If you can’t fucking find my house,” I said, as if getting ready to text it, “then Bobby-buddy, you don’t fucking deserve to get in my bed.” But instead of texting that, I sent, You were parked directly in front of it a minute ago. Come back.

I was slightly mollified when he got back in his car, turned around, drove back down the street, turned around again, and stopped the car in front of my house. “About time,” I muttered. I put my phone in my pocket and stomped downstairs to meet him. Despite the crisp, nippy air out, I opened my front door and stood in it so that he’d see me. He couldn’t miss that, right?

I waited. And waited. And then, after what seemed like an eternity my pants leg vibrated. I fished in the pocket, withdrew the phone, and looked at the screen. It said, dude u said u were 9139 but all the #s here are eeven.

Seriously?

As I prayed that my neighbors weren’t being roused from their sleep and watching, I stepped outside. Beyond the porch light’s glare, I could see a dark figure in sweat pants and a baggy hockey shirt walking up and down the sidewalk on the street’s opposite side, visible by the light of his cell phone screen. Anyone looking out their window right then, I thought to myself, was going to think a burglar was casing their joint.

I was seriously considering turning around, walking inside, turning out the light, and turning off my phone when suddenly the guy finally saw me. “Is that you?” he called out, breaking the cardinal no-talking rule of the sleepy suburbs at one in the morning. I heard the sound of footsteps as he trotted across the street. His feet tripped on the curb; he caught himself and kept his balance only at the last minute. “Oh my fucking god,” he said, when he reached my porch steps. “Your place is so fucking hard to find!”

“No, it’s really not,” I said, not at all pleased. I was nearly ready to send him home, at that point.

“All the numbers over there are even!” he said in an accusatory tone, as if I’d tried to pull a fast one on him somehow.

“Yeah, and all the numbers over here are odd,” I pointed out. “My house is an odd number. That’s how it usually works.”

“Oh,” he said. He let out an unexpected giggle. I pulled the porch door and let him in the house, not really willing to have this argument out in the dark and the open. “I’m kinda stupid, too. I had to remember that a nine is an upside-down six, duh.”

My lips were slightly parted. I blinked a couple of times. I honestly didn’t know what to say to that. When I looked him over in the light of the living room, his clothes were so enormous and baggy that I knew underneath him, his body probably was a lot more out of shape than even his photos had let on. His Red Wings shirt was so oversized that the hem reached his knees and made his shoulders seem slumped at angles to make twin ski slopes. “At least you’re here now, I guess,” I said, without a lot of enthusiasm.

“Yeah, right?” He seemed to have regained his good spirits, now that the even-odd mystery of the ages had been cleared up. Before I invited him to, or before I could say anything, he shucked his clothes. He kicked off his shoes so that they went crashing against the fireplace screen. Down went his sweatpants. Off came the hockey shirt. He stood before me wearing nothing but the same jock that had been in some of his Manhunt photos. He hooked his thumbs beneath the elastic and snapped it, then put his hands on his hips in a pose that clearly said, here I am. Hope you like it.

And I’ll be damned if beneath all that sloppy, baggy clothing was the most perfect, muscular body I’d seen in a dog’s age. It wasn’t as good as the first couple of pre-tattoo photos in his profile—it was much, much better. The guy was a dope, but he was one beautiful, pumped-up, worked-out dope who smiled at me with perfect teeth and said, in a way that made me melt, “Gee, you’re real cute. Do you wanna fuck?”

“Yeah,” I said, almost gulping in the way that the Wile E. Coyote swallows when he sees the Roadrunner. “I wanna fuck.”

(continued tomorrow)

15 comments:

  1. So this beautiful doofus torments you for however long with his innumeracy and geographically challenged spatial awareness. Then you take it out on your devoted Breeder's Readers/Breederholics making us wait for the climax. Little did I realize you also have no small skill as a tease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a friend in college, Anne, who was plain of face but had a body that would make your jaw (yes, even yours) drop. Lush and curvy, everything about her screamed sex, and her tits are still my standard of perfection.

    Anne was also one of the dumbest people I've ever met. Sweet, sweet girl, but to call her dumb as a rock would be insulting to the rock. I always wondered how she managed to walk and breathe at the same time, much less get into college.

    By reputation (and boy, did she have a reputation) she was an *amazing* fuck...so long as she didn't talk. Unfortunately, she did talk - a lot - so guys rarely stuck around for more than a couple nights. She also fell "in love" with (almost)every guy she had sex with, so her personal life was a neverending soap opera of tears and bafflement.

    Your dumb fuck reminds me of her...hopefully he was amazing in the sack & didn't talk too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reacted somewhat as RedPhillip (admirably) did. My first thought: This Himbo's IQ must be half of yours, Rob -- as in, 80 VS 160. (Would that "half" were less literal, that I did have not reasonable numbers in mind!) I also noticed, however, that your "cinematic eye"/sense of form are especially keen lately. So yes, we are, it seems, being played with -- again, an echo of how Himbo might have been toying with The Breeder (although 160 visualizes, calculates and "maps" as 80 never will).

    But we are about due for a surprise, so I will be most interested to see if there is more to this "Himbo" than what I will call Breeder's "narrative cam" has disclosed thus far. Is Asmodeus about to make a guest appearance? Is the tantalizing promise of a near-perfect butt/face/body about to lapse into Hell knows what? (What is so rare as well-jockstrapped glutes? Hmmm?) How will Himbo use his power, and how much of it did beauty gain him? (And can anyone really be this stupid?!) O sweet anticipation!

    Apologies to all for weighing in earlier than usual and making it a tad harder to steer clear of my loquacity.

    Anonicus II

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo! Your inclusion of "Part 1" in the entry's headline spoiled the surprise. As I read (and experienced) your frustration, I kept thinking, "Well, this is part one so there has to be something more, something worthwhile to this encounter."

    Your description of him brings up a question that boggles my mind sometimes: how is it that guys who are so otherwise inattentive and oblivious manage to build such physiques?

    Good on you though. Hope you two had a splendid time together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, if you're going to be surprised, it's an ok surprise to get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phillip,

    I know, I am a very bad man. But at least I can promise the tease ends tomorrow. That's more than most can say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn,

    I knew a girl like that in my later high school days. She had looks for days and a body built for sin. But she had a predilection for saying things like this one, uttered at the height of one holiday season: "Isn't it an amazing coincidence how Jesus decided to have his birthday on the biggest holiday of the year?"

    Poor pretty dumb thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonicus,

    You know my narrative structures all too well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nick,

    You are 100% right. I have already spoiled tomorrow's entry. I suppose I should go ahead and take it down, then!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Richard,

    I'm with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Better than my body. I need to get to work

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course I never get to have some like you

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure you'll reveal the answer to this question in tomorrow's post, but......was he at least smart enough to find his way out the door to his own car at the end of the night? Or did you have to lead him back to it and then drive him home? I can only imagine how confused he must have gotten when he had to learn REVERSE directions. Or did he prove to be better at going backwards?
    --jonking

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bah, silliness. The next entry isn't spoiled; just the surprise in this one. So, there's no good reason not to post part two. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, beyond the unbelievable, but unavoidable fact of his boggled-mindedness, the surprise was when he shucked the floppy clothing. A pleasant sounding surprise, indeed!
    Sadly, I have met more than one person approaching a similar appalling doltishness.
    JPinPDX

    ReplyDelete