Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Fifth Birthday

“Do you like me?” I asked Mikey yesterday, when I was lying on his bed.

It was not the question I expected to hear coming out of my mouth. I regretted it even as the words floated between the steep inclines of his bungalow ceilings. It was a child’s question, a plaintive bleat of need and want that should never have been voiced. Mikey was straddling me when I asked it. Though we both were still in T-shirts and shorts, I could feel the warmth of his groin against mine, and the hardness through the cotton. “Now why the fuck would you be asking that?” he demanded.

Because basically sometimes, no matter how well two people know each other, or how close they might be, the stupid little everyday detritus of everyday life clogs up the works. Mikey has been quitting smoking. The last month and a half has been a living hell for him. He’d been taking some kind of drug—Chantix, I think?—to help him back off what’s been a forty-five year habit. It gave him nightmares and made him so depressed that he first cut down the dosage and eventually stopped taking it altogether. It took two weeks to get out of his system, though, and Wednesday was the first day he told me he felt human again. As for why I asked the question . . . let's tactfully say that it was a long and trying six weeks.

“What do you need?” asked Mikey. His hands rested on the mattress on either side of my shoulders. I looked up into his face. “What do you need today?” he wanted to know.

“I’d like to be held,” I told him. “I’d like someone to be nice to me.”

Very simple things, those. Childish things, even. And truthfully, it’s what I wanted most.

Though the second floor bedroom was warm from the sun shining through the skylight, I didn’t mind in the least when Mikey pressed his body against mine. His arms scooped under my back; his hands curved up to my shoulders and held them from behind as his mouth fitted against mine. His embrace was firm, and strong. My own long arms wrapped around his skinny chest. We made out, grinding and squeezing and thrusting against each other, trying to close every minute gap that separated us. “I’ll be nice to you,” he said at last, when he separated his mouth from mine. He pulled my legs apart and ran his hands over their length, watching as my blond fur sprang from flat to erect as his fingers passed over it. “I’ll be real nice to you.”

He hoisted my hips and began to pull down my underwear. I’d been wearing a plain pair of gray trunks. Once they were off, he held them to his nose and inhaled deeply. “Don’t do that,” I laughed. “They’re not fresh.”

“They don’t gotta be fresh,” said Mikey. “They smell like you.”

“Oh, stop.”

“I’m gonna steal ‘em,” said Mikey. “I’m gonna steal ‘em, kid, and wear them the rest of the day.” Before I could protest his silliness any further, he grabbed my legs and lifted them in the air, exposing my ass. He’d done the same thing the first time we’d been naked together, a long time ago. As he stared at me, he spread my cheeks and buried his face in my hole. I gasped. My breath came in sharp halts and stutters as he licked and bit my hole.

For a long time that’s all he did. One of his hands supported the small of his back while the other held my legs aloft. Months of shoulder stands during yoga helped me maintain the position with no effort. As always, I began to feel guilty after a few minutes of pleasure down there. “Is it okay?” I found myself asking. Yesterday was my day for stupid questions.

“Is what okay?”

“Is it okay if I enjoy this?” I improvised, lamely.

He didn’t answer. Instead, he gently lay me back down. He was out of his clothes by now. His penis, flaming red and choked off by a tight cock ring, pointed in my direction. A bead of precum had stuck to my thigh and left a glistening thread between us. He sucked on his thumb and lowered it. I felt the tip push against my hole, followed by pressure. Mikey watched me steadily while he slowly moved the digit inward. I, in the meantime, panicked. My hands clutched at his, pushing him away, trying to move him out. “Am I hurting you?” he asked. I couldn’t answer. “Am I hurting you?” he persisted. “Or scaring you?”

“Scaring me,” I admitted.

“Even after all this time? How long has it been? Twenty-five years?”

Upset with myself, I growled, “Yes. I’m sorry.” Because even after all that time, I still am somewhat affected by the memory of a single night in which a man used violence to have his way with me. It’s silly, and stupid, and in my conscious mind I know I shouldn’t let one very cruel bastard have such a long reach. But the experience is a part of me, and sometimes I can’t help my reactions.

He nodded, and pulled out his thumb. Without hesitation, he rolled me over onto my front. I felt his breath along the cleft of my butt cheeks, and the flick of his tongue between them. “Have you seen that television commercial? I think it’s AT&T. The happy birthday one?” I gasped a little. “No? The boy on it looks just like you. Just like you, with hair that's only a touch longer. You haven’t seen it?”

“You know I usually—” I drew in my breath sharply as his hands and mouth traveled up my back and left trails of lovely sensations in their wake. “—I usually flip through the ads.”

“I think it’s AT&T,” he repeated. “And it’s got this bearded man on a park bench, only it’s on a rooftop, I think, and he’s looking mighty sad. And he looks just like you. I think that every time I see it, and watch, and peek around, and think, how the hell come nobody else is seeing how much like you he looks? So he’s sitting there, and the guy on the voiceover says something like, ‘Remember when you were five and everything was possible? Well happy fifth birthday.’ And then the man on the bench lights up like a Christmas tree, just like you do when you let loose with one of those smiles. He’s so pretty. That's like you, too.” His mouth was near my ear by then. “Oh, my. You turned out to be such a handsome man.”

“Let me fuck you,” I said. Much as I was enjoying the attention, and the huzz of his voice in my ear, I wanted to get back into control, back to a scenario I knew and in which I felt comfortable. “Please.”

He pulled out a towel and laid it on the bed, and then knelt down on it. Mikey spat in his hand and rubbed it on his hole. I added some more saliva to his and entered him, easily and smoothly, as I always did. “Fuck me,” he moaned, as I reached the bottom. “I want your seed. I want your seed inside me.”

The fuck didn’t last long. I hadn’t unloaded in a couple of days, and Mikey’s hole always feels good. I’m accustomed to it; I know how to use it for my pleasure. I had pulled him down to his side and was thrusting hard inside him when I came a few minutes later, hugging him tight around the waist.

Only when I was spent, and panting, did Mikey plant a kiss on my cheek. “Happy fifth birthday." He brushed some hair from my face. “Try not to be sad.”

“I’ll try,” I promised. But I had my head turned when I said the words, so that he wouldn’t see my own disappointment with myself. I doubt I fooled him for a minute.

Before I left, Mikey made off with my underwear. “Oh, jeez,” I said, laughing. “Are you really going to keep it? You haven’t done something like that in years.”

“I told you I was!” he said, seeming surprised I’d even question him. “Here. How’s it look?” He pulled on the trunks, and I had to admit they looked better on him than on me—probably because his dick was still thick and hard, and hung to one side, filling it out.

“Great!” I said. I pulled out my phone and snapped a photo, then showed it to him.

(An image has been removed to comply with Blogger's
draconian new censorship policies: 2/26/15)

“Let me give you a pair of mine.”

“You’re so silly,” I laughed, but he went through his underwear drawer and picked out a pair of white trunks still in their wrapper, soft and silky-feeling. “They’re kind of big.”

“Are you calling me fat?” he demanded.

“You’re skinnier than I am. I’m saying you buy underwear that’s too big,” I explained. After that, my mood lifted. We walked around his garden so I could see what he’d done, and played with his cats until it was time for me to leave.

The first thing I did when I got home was to look for that AT&T ad. And damn. I really do look like that sad guy.

40 comments:

  1. I thought that the first time I saw the ad--then talked myself out it, thinking it was just because we'd been talking more recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FelchingPisser,

    Really? Weird. And flattering, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that I can be rather selfish: I read your piece and watched the commercial. Mikey is right, and I know you know it.

    I love how intimate you make each posting, but I also love that though your entry on me is intimate, it looks indifferent compared to when you talk about Mikey. I love you and I like you and you are a very handsome man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having only seen the lower half of your face, so I can't really comment on whether the guy looks like you. If does though, good for you :-) (he reminds me of the father in Grounded for Life, played by Donal Logue).

    It's an endearing commercial though. The first time I saw it, it had me almost to the point of tears.

    ***
    As for the entry, sorry to hear that your difficulties with being topped remain. Happy to hear that your brother is supportive of you though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey stud, I have been reading your blog for about a month - you are a wonderful writer and very hot!

    As for your bad experience 25 years ago - Have you ever told anyone every detail about what happened? If not, find someone you trust and discuss it all in every excruciating detail - And don't discuss it when you're trying to have sex. That might be a helpful start with getting over it.

    Another suggestion use some toys on your butt and play with it while alone. That might start to feel more fun than scary after you do that awhile.

    Just some thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, you're much cuter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great read today...thx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the unique ability to touch my heart and bone me at the same time... that is talent!

    I'm on my way to watch AT&T ads!

    xoxoxo
    E & R

    ReplyDelete
  9. Writer,

    Indifferent? Then that was my poor writing skill rather than my intent. You know that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nick,

    You're a sweet guy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jockluvr,

    You're a great guy for piping up in support. Yes, I've talked it out, both with some very supportive and professional people. I've overcome the vast majority of the issues. I've even enjoyed being topped a few times, since. Overcoming my initial instinct of panic has been taking some time, though. As far as I'm concerned, it's the one lingering aftereffect with which I can most easily live.

    Thank you for your advice and support.

    ReplyDelete
  12. John,

    Thank you. And I know, right? Totally cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Evan,

    You're very kind, as always. I hope you're enjoying your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rob, this was a sweet story and as we know Mikey is your brother, I marvel at the closeness you have with your very unique filial love. In you recent comments on Mark Mann's Edgy Husband site you shared your perspectives on some Friend's with Benefits you have had, which deepened our understanding that you are not just, or only, a compulsive sex machine, but have the yearnings many of us have for longer term intimacy with another man. Would you consider Mikey a special kind of FWB? As a brother, you will never lose him so that bond is different, but that does not predict a lifetime of sexual intimacy, which could have gone away. You married, and he became exclusively gay. Yet you two continue to enjoy these sexual moments that are down right romantic. He gets your pains and pleasures, and even a short moment of some sex with someone we deeply trust and love has power and meaning that all those hot sweaty long and loud sessions you have with so many others cannot capture. Mikey is a truly loving brother, as you are to him. Keep enjoying that very special relationship with him, whatever you might call it. Your story reveals a tender and lonely you like the kid still biking out there voracious for sex but never really satisfied and very much a loner. You really are a sad lost soul without Mikey or some FWB, for all the bravado sex you get, and all the astounding tolerance your wife gives you in your open pursuits. You are vulnerable and have unresolved issues like all of us. You show your human frailties to us and to Mikey, and that is what makes him want to hug you and love you all the more. Happy "birthday", and best wishes for many happy returns of Mikey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jayson,

    You credit me with many positive qualities I'm too timid to attribute to myself. Thank you for that, though I'm not sure I quite deserve it. I'm lucky to have Mikey in my life, but my relationship with him falls into an entirely different class. It's difficult, strange, and not always as idyllic as people assume, but I wouldn't trade it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have you seen Mysterious Skin? It feels almost impossible that you haven't, but it's like...Probably my second favorite movie of all time, behind A Single Man (huge queen that I am). I'm a big movie buff and I hate it when people give away movie plots (so I won't), but Mysterious Skin almost feels like it was about you. With Joseph Gordon-Levitt as your stand in. Seriously, ridiculously-massive-cosmic-black-hole-slash-dark-matter-supernova-I-don't-really-know-anything-about-astrophysics-sized recommend if, somehow, you haven't seen it.

    I'll admit, I teared up when we finally learned what the title of the post was about. I'm not ordinarily the kind of person who likes 'sweetness,' maybe because I've never had it, but when I read your stories, I'm there, in the scene. And it doesn't feel awkward or forced or stupid like I always imagined it would. It feels, quite simply, nice. So thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. J.,

    I have seen Mysterious Skin. Though I could sympathize with the characters, I didn't think it very closely corresponded to my life, because I didn't ever feel victimized or abused. Besides, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is way hotter than I am. It was a really good movie, though!

    I haven't seen A Single Man yet, though one of my blogger friends was comparing the book to the film yesterday and making me want both to read and see it.

    I appreciate your compliments, J. I know that not all my post bat a thousand for every reader, but since what I basically try to do is write about little snippets of my life, in the moment, it's nice to know that you're right there along with me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would make the argument that Gordon-Levitt's character didn't feel victimized/abused, probably blamed himself more than anything for what happened. And I would disagree with your assessment of his relative attractiveness; but of course, these are matters of opinion, and to each their own.

    I picked up the book after seeing A Single Man and finished about half of it, but I had the same problem I had when I tried to power through In Cold Blood. There's a rambling style, kind of ranty, a series of asides that was really distracting to the narrative. It could be attributed it to the era, maybe less editing by an editor because they were both literary rockstars, or perhaps due to Isherwood's and Capote's influence on one another. They're poignant and fun asides, but I think my goal when I pick up a book after watching a fantastic movie like that is to duplicate and deepen the experiences of the movie. And I didn't get that. Unfortunately. But the movie's great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. J.,

    So was this one of those rare instances in which you found the movie more enjoyable than the book? I can see that happening with Isherwood; I tend to think he's more celebrated for his style than for his actual stories, and if you aren't into his style. . . .

    I had the same reaction to The English Patient, a film I liked very much. I couldn't get into the original book at all, though. The writing style was too painfully literary for me to enjoy, and I like literary fiction.

    I would support your argument about Gordon-Levitt's character in Mysterious Skin. (I'm basing what I say on having seen the film once, years ago, mind you.) But I seem to remember the experience of the other kid was traumatic enough to encourage viewer to classify both kids' experience under the broad term of 'abuse,' and perhaps rightly.

    As for the attractiveness, I'm just pretending to myself you meant to say that I'm super-hot in comparison. Right? Right!

    ReplyDelete
  20. & people question why I regret not having an older brother....
    ___________________________________________________

    Have you sought any kind of professional help for what happened to you?
    I'm not sure if people ever really get over an experience like that, but I'm sorry it happened to you & I hope you can get to a point where you aren't inhibited by it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have been a reader of your blog for a little over a month now and have really loved everything I have read so far, this though really tugged at my heart strings. You are really blessed to have that kind of connection with another man and glad that you cherish it. They say that kind of connection only happens once in a lifetime. As a fellow survivor of a violent episode I understand completely what you are going through as I did as well and the one thing a top can never do with me is to put his hands around my throat. That attack was 22 years ago and the affects still linger some, you my brother are not alone

    ReplyDelete
  22. 8thDivision,

    Oh, I've had a lot of help. It's like I told someone earlier: most of the issues I've had in the past that stemmed from that night are gone. I don't loathe the way I look, or avoid mirrors and cameras, or hide my body the way I used to. I don't avoid meeting guys, or think of myself as a pity fuck, the way I did for several years. I don't get nightmares, or frequent panic attacks.

    However, I do get skitterish sometimes when someone starts playing down there. And I feel guilty, sometimes, about enjoying anal pleasure. Like I've said, if that's the worst of the aftereffects still lingering, I think I'm doing an A+ job.

    I've been hypersensitive today that people might think I was soliciting sympathy with this post. But thank you for your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous,

    Thanks so much. I can thoroughly understand why you wouldn't want a man putting his hands around your throat. I'm pretty damned sure I wouldn't want that in a sexual encounter even if I hadn't experienced a violent incident myself. Jeez.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's exactly what I was saying. Pretend that exactly is italicized. ;)

    I liked Isherwood's style, I just wasn't 'feeling it,' I guess. I really want to give it a second chance now, because I think it was a perception thing coming off the movie. I wanted them to be the same, but they aren't, so maybe I shouldn't be trying to get the same thing out of both.

    I can think of several movies off the top of my head that I thought were better than their counterparts - Capote, A Single Man, Blade Runner (visual symbolism wins out here), Precious, American Psycho, Fight Club (barely), and Revolutionary Road. I'm sure there are more, but there's only so much time for reading nowadays.

    Your Mysterious Skin evaluation is spot on and I think it can be taken either way, or perhaps even some other nebulous third way I/we don't see. I haven't seen The English Patient but it's on my Netflix now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. 1.) Stud4Rent took the words right out of my mouth: "You have the unique ability to touch my heart and bone me at the same time..." SO TRUE

    2.) Re: "Mysterious Skin" - one of my biggest regrets is meeting Scott Heim in a bar and him asking me to continue out with him and I declined. I always wonder where it might have lead. He's fucking hot.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooo, J, I can predict you're going to have some feisty Palahniuk partisans knocking down your door pretty soon.

    I thought the Emma Thompson Sense & Sensibility was far better than the Austen book. And I like Austen.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dan,

    Thanks for that compliment. I really mean it.

    I wish you'd gone home with Heim. That would be a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's so necessary to have someone in our life who can see through everything to the part that's still five years old.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm hair-oriented. I like it when guys own their hair (or lack of it). It doesn't feel organic that I was given slow-growing facial hair, zero sideburns and no torso hair. I was into my 40s before I let the facial hair grow for months, letting it be and showing people something real about me that I was uncomfortable about.

    In 2000, I worked with several 20-something guys who were outrageously precise about their intricately sculpted scalps. It defied explanation. Didn't they realize they had hair, and their hair had character, particularly if it grew longer than a half-inch?

    When you mentioned that Mikey brushed some hair from your face, my whole body twitched.

    Knowing that the Breeder was sweet, touching, thoughtful, and artful, some part of me figured that showing the smile and beard helped to downplay the nearly-bald or shaved head. That wouldn't be a negative... the three guys I've connected with most deeply haven't had hair that I could brush out of their face. And yet, a guy with hair I can run my fingers through is just a huge (if rare) dick-jump.

    This little detail just solidifies my respect for you, Rob... When you hooked up with the muscled bottom at the convenience store, he didn't say YES to a stereotype, he said FUCK ME to your confidence and self-assurance.

    Be well...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bose,

    If hair is what you like, I have a lot of it still. And it's usually pretty messy. I've pretty much always kept my hair longer, and the guy in that AT&T ad is a pretty good representation of my current length and style. If it can be called a style. At this moment, pre-shower, I'd call it more of a shrubbery.

    You really flattered me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hot damn....Mikey is mouth watering !

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think so too, Rosewelltop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. -->> You really flattered me. Thank you.

    Back at ya, 110%.

    Shrubbery? My thought is that it's too easy for hair to become overrated, over-emphasized. And yet, it matters.

    ReplyDelete
  34. To Jayson's comment you replied: "You credit me with many positive qualities I'm too timid to attribute to myself." He's right of course - and always on-the-mark, articulating what I hadn't quite found the words for. (As a new reader with many of March and April's posts still unread, I'm a bit hesitant to comment substantively - afraid I'll connect the dots wrong. I might be thinking it was Professor Plum in the conservatory with the candlestick when you've already told us it was Colonel Mustard in the library. I'm pretty sure about the candlestick though.)

    About your "Moments in the Woods" encounter with the am-I-good-enough? boy, Jayson said:

    "And the way you tossed your subtle praise to him to savor so he could take it in and figure this out on his own as he leaks out your cum and later looks back on this momentous day for him, which by contrast was just another pit stop for you - that is your gift of grace. I have a feeling that gift to him will loom larger and be more valuable to him in retrospect than your legendary cock."

    That's it: grace.

    I'm not sure I've ever read a blog that elicits such thoughtful and thought-provoking comments. That says a lot about your talent as a writer and about you as a person. Your writing touches me - often about 14 inches higher than I expected. And lest this get too high-minded or lose sight of another 8 inches altogether, your adventures are fuckin' hot!

    Erudition and erection are a heady combination.

    Thanks,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  35. Throb919,

    I'm having difficulty framing a response to your comment. The reason is that you're so generous to me that I'm a little overwhelmed. The only thing that I can say in my defense (and 'defense' is a bad word choice, because why should be made defensive at a compliment?) is that whenever I write about two people connecting, it's the connection that's really at the heart of it for me.

    Perhaps that's what you see in my entries. I'm glad and honored to have touched you. Particularly in some other area than I'm known for touching guys in. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The link to the commercial doesn't work anymore... here's the extended version.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEcvi9hzWXs

    Of course, now that I've read this post, I'm imagining that the guy's charming smile is because someone is slowly undoing his fly...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous,

    Thanks for the updated link, my friend. And I'd certainly smile if you undid MY fly.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Jayson had it right, as Tony reiterated: you are full of grace. Exactly right.
    JPinPDX

    ReplyDelete