Thursday, June 24, 2010

Afterward

Afterward.

Hip against hip, two curves in parallel. Belly to back. My leg crooked over his, capturing his thighs. My arms around him, his chest hairs tickling my wrists. I can feel the nub of his nipple against the heel of my hand. When I rub it slightly, the ridges on my skin make the Decorator shiver. Even that sensation is too much, at this moment.

My lips are at his neck, my nose in his short, fair hair. When I breathe, pillows of air linger, trapped between us. They stay warm for a moment before they dissipate. My breath still smells of his mouth, and of all the equatorial places my tongue has traveled across his body. The bristles lining my upper lip have trapped his scents. All I have to do is wrinkle my nose to smell all of him.

He wants to be held tightly, afterward. “Don’t let go,” he whispers. The room has been dark all evening, lit only from outside by white fairy lights strung in his back garden. From the bed I can see three of the tiny bulbs on the top branches poking above the window sill. We lie there in the dark, in the quiet, saying nothing. Glued together by sweat and grease and by the connection of moments before.

I’m still inside him, spent but still hard. He wants me there.

As we lie there, connected and pressed tight, I feel his shoulders loosen. They slump into the mattress in small jerks. I hear the faint moist sound of his lips parting. He breathes heavily, then stiffens. A rumble sounds in his chest, half-amused, half-apologetic. I hold him more tightly, and feel him respond by pushing back against me.

It’s okay to let go, I mean the embrace to say.

Again his muscles relax, one by one. His head slumps into the pillow. His mouth opens, and his breathing sounds become deep and rasping. They tickle at the back of his nose as they pass, until at last he’s snoring. The sound makes me smile.

The room is cool, but there’s heat blossoming between our bodies where our skin touches. It's what the dead must envy most about the living, that heat. It seeps into my chest and stomach. My cock is kept stiff by it. His hands press at mine in his sleep, clutching and releasing to echo the movements of whatever dream is passing through his mind.

The weight of his body presses against my bicep. I feel my arm growing heavy. Prickles, then buzzes, dance along its nerves. I flex a few fingers to see how much feeling is left.

Will he wake if I pull my numb limb from under him?

He does not.

15 comments:

  1. Very evocative. You paint a picture with your words and in this case the result is a breathtaking one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing is just beautiful - stumbled across your blog a couple of months ago and have been tuning in daily now for my fix. Somehow your language always manages to put me right in the room with you. Pity I'm in Ireland and there isn't much chance of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloryhole Fan,

    You're very kind. And to think there wasn't a single gloryhole in it, either. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian,

    Thank you, my Irish friend. I really appreciate that kind compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. That's exactly what I meant: "And your post-sex cuddles often exemplify why it's called afterglow." It does not go unnoticed (or unappreciated) that without your virtuoso talent, only the Decorator would've experienced that warmth. Something we can all be thankful for.

    I am. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Throb,

    Virtuoso? Sheesh. You know how to make a guy blush.

    Thank you. I'm glad to share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cant add to but pile on. Breathtakingly (said before), beautiful (said before), but meant again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gruntraq,

    Coming from you, that means a lot. Thank you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Where are the collected posts, or fictionalized novel??

    ReplyDelete
  10. DJ,

    Thanks, friend! This website is the collection itself. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rob, I absolutely love this entry. It is so....delicate. Tender. Quite melancholy even. The sense of connection is so immediate - and yet, it's so clear that the loneliness is only being escaped temporarily. The moment lingers......but ends. You make me wish the best for the Decorator, and hope for his happiness. As I read this, you both touch me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jonking,

    Thank you. He's a nice guy, and deserves good love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jonking says it best for me. He, too, like you, has a mastery of words and discernment that is amazing. And I, too, wish the best for the Decorator.
    JPinPDX

    ReplyDelete