Friday, June 25, 2010

Cruising 101: Bottoms to Tops

Two of Breeder’s Readers (that’s what one of my friends calls you guys—I’m thinking of making T-shirts) came at me this week with remarkably similar questions.

My friend Jayson asked, How much time a week to you think you spend on the on-line site and e-mail back and forth sex search management? And an anonymous person wrote and wanted to know, How much time do you spent sex hunting? With the amount you fuck, it’s got to be a lot.

My short answer is that I spend both a lot of time looking for ass, and very little at all. Let me explain.

If I’m hunting for sex online, I take advantage of the sites that let me log on, announce my availability, and then move on to some other activity. I’ll log onto Manhunt, for example, and change my looking-for status from ‘Ask Me’ to ‘Right Now’ or ‘Later Today.’ If I want to cover my bases, I’ll log on to Adam4Adam or BBRT and do the same. Then, because I’m conscientious, I’ll move out of my browser and into my everyday-work computer desktop space, and settle down to do a day’s labor.

Every twenty minutes or so I’ll check back on the sites to see if I’ve gotten any messages. If so, great. If not, I’ll go back to work. Eventually, on good days, I will get someone soliciting sex from me. If I’m interested, we’ll talk about it and hopefully get together with a minimum of emails. If I’m not interested, I’m always polite and friendly about it.

The amount of time I might stay logged onto a site is anywhere from ten minutes to two or three hours. How much of that time will I typically spend poring over profiles, looking at pics, and checking out the prospective guys in my area? Basically none.

One of the reasons I don’t do any active solicitation of my own is that I’m a top guy with a big dick. Trust me, I’m aware how horribly arrogant that sounds. On a certain practical level, however, for every top there are an awful lot of full-time bottom guys, not to mention the versatile men who are only being versatile because tops are in short supply. Going online to one of those sites as a top guy with a big dick—not to mention a nice smile, a pleasant personality, clear and recent photos, and a profile that’s completely filled out—is very much like throwing a bucket of chum into a piranha tank. All the hungry fishies want to sink their teeth into that meat.

And again, although I’m aware how conceited it sounds, if you ask any good full-time tops in large metropolitan areas, I think you’re going to get the same answer—we don’t really hunt because the game pretty much comes to us. At least, my top friends have said the same.

If you’re one of those bottom guys on a web site who’s been pining for a top guy to message you, but he never has, take a lesson from me. The guy is probably doing what I do, which is to sit back, play Peggle, and let the offers roll in. He may potentially find you extremely attractive, and want to explore the goods you have to offer, but the laws of supply and demand are such that when he’s casting about for a place to plant his seeds, there’re just a whole lot of plot owners out there already begging him to garden in their back yards.

And what if you’re a naturally reticent bottom, prone to shyness and not really used to approaching guys? If you’re cruising online, I’m afraid you might need to get accustomed to making the first move, with the top men you like. Tomorrow I’ll be talking a little bit more about that, if you’re interested.

23 comments:

  1. I want the t-shirt.... will you deliver it?

    Could you also make underwear with a statement on the back "Breeder has been here!" I DEFINITELY want that!!!!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan,

    My friend's other suggestion was a logo that went, "Well-bred and well-read." Maybe you could be the first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it. Tops catch all the good breaks.
    OK, I'll read tomorrow to see what a bottom has to do to get noticed. Hope we don't have to get too pushy--it goes against our nature. lol.

    Are you taking orders yet for the "well bred/well read" underwear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely. I can count how many times I have initiated a correspondence with a bottom on the proverbial one hand. That is, of course, until I’m ready to do a repeat with the good ones. If I approach anyone on line, it’s occasionally to gather other tops to gangbang my boy of the moment. A bottom should NEVER feel shy about contacting us either--or you’ll end up lost in the crowd. (Man, that does sound really conceited-- but it’s true….).

    I would proudly wear a “Breeder’s Readers” t-shirt…since I may be well read, but I don’t think I’ll ever be well-bred…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loadseeker, I wouldn't say we have all th e breaks, but from a purely economical standpoint, the supply and demand thing works in our favor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FP--

    I would proudly wear a 'Pisser's Kisser' T-shirt.

    I can't think of anything to rhyme with 'Felching,' though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Breeder,

    What you said is interesting. Not a surprise I guess. For me though, it's always the other way around, tops approaching me instead of me hunting for them. Not trying to sound too full of myself, but it never works out when I actively solicit them. It could be that I'm still young and have that going for me. In a few years, things can change.

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a top, I find what you say to be true. Since I'm over 50 and my dick is smaller than yours, I'm sure I get hit-on less than you, but based on your comments, our experiences are similar.

    I would really like to see your comments as to the selection process that you use in deciding between multiple offers.

    P.S. This is probably a groaner, but it does have a certain something: "If you be felchin', you soon be belchin' "

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm. . .. now why didn't my undergrad economics professors use such an example to talk about the laws of supply and demand? Beats the hell out of "pizza and beer" or "guns and butter."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will,

    I would never mean to imply that bottom guys are always doing the pursuing and never being pursued online. That would be utterly false, and a young hot guy is always going to get plenty of attention.

    Generalizations like 'all tops never go after bottoms online' would at best be vague and anecdotal enough not to carry any weight.

    My own generalizations are simply based on my own experience, and the experience of the two other total tops who live in my state. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. RoswellTop,

    That is a rhyme I'm not likely to forget. THANKS A BUNCH.

    Actually, when it comes to multiple offers, if one of them comes from a reliable guy I enjoy being with, I'll take him first. If I have multiple offers from guys I don't know for some slot in the future, like, 'This Tuesday Night,' or 'Tomorrow Morning,' I'll schedule two or three of them, knowing that someone will flake out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doc_Rob,

    Tell the economics professors you know I'm available for consulting. My rates are reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "I’m a top guy with a big dick."

    My favorite kind of top guy!! :-)

    "when he’s casting about for a place to plant his seeds, there’re just a whole lot of plot owners out there already begging him to garden in their back yards."

    Now that's some creative wording for breeding an ass... I love it!! I look forward to chatting with you more on Yahoo sometime!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How depressing explains why I can't find anyone

    ReplyDelete
  15. Johnny,

    Don't count yourself down and out. Just be persistent. It'll happen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just wish I was sucessful as you. I seem to get all tbe flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seems if your bottom and don't have big dick you must just sit and wait. . . . But if you have a big dick you can have all the ass you want

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, Johnny, it's like I said--there's always a shortage of tops and an abundance of bottoms. It's just the economics of the situation.

    I'll tell you one thing, though. When I'm looking for a bottom, dick size is no where near the top of my list of attractive qualities. A good personality, humor, and a pleasant approach will work better with me than any huge dick shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't understand the economics? Perhaps I missed that class.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Supply and demand? Aren't there as many tops as bottoms?

    ReplyDelete
  21. What if you have a hot body but your a bottom are you still out of luck

    ReplyDelete
  22. ....and in relation to a completely minor sub-point: I too love Peggle! What a great game! Maybe it has something to do with the pleasure of seeing all those balls bounce around.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jonking,

    I think it's the moment you hit that last pin and the Ode to Joy plays that sends a direct jolt of adrenaline to the brain.

    ReplyDelete