Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday Morning Questions: Boxing Day Edition

Christmas of 2010 has passed. Did everyone get what they wanted? I'd love to know what your best gifts were--let me know in the comments!

My own holiday was spent in a pleasurable manner. I picked up the visiting family members from the airport in the afternoon, made dinner for everyone, ate happily, and spent the evening watching Doctor Who like the big geek that I am. I did receive a couple of really nice gifts from readers that I'll be sure to showcase, once I have the privacy to take some photos again.

But as I ever do on Sundays, I'll be recapping some of the questions I've been asked on formspring.me, that free service that allows one's friends (and strangers) to make inquiries, and neatly collects the results onto a single page. Feel free to use the service to ask me whatever you'd like--or simply email me with your questions and I'll get around to them. Eventually. Honest, I swear. (My goal is to have a clean mailbox by year's end!)


Is there anything sexier than confidence?
A cocky grin and a scruffy face go a long way.


Do you know who Beverly Strassmann is?
Only by Googling the name. Why?


Should your followers start a fund to relocate Scruffy to Connecticut? An apartment and maybe a job at a place like Eastern Mountain Sports. What do you think?
I think it would be the greatest charitable act ever known to mankind. Will there be a telethon?


"Move Scruffy!" Fund: For your sake and Scruffy's, within what sort of radius (in miles) should Scruffy's still-to-be-found-and-furnished-apartment be from your new home, in Connecticut? It's time to get granular, right?
I think I need to sell the old home, first. Then find a new one.

Before Scruffy moved back in with his folks, he only lived a mile from me.


It's KARAOKE night! What's your Grammy winning performance song?
"Private Dancer." Tell me, do you wanna see me do the shimmy again?


Would you rather eat a load or wear it?
Loads are for inside a hole. They're not accessories.


If I met you right now, what do you think my first impression of you would be?
That I need to put on some damned clothes.


Do you believe in fate?
When a pebble drops into water, it sets off ripples in every direction. I believe that's what we do with every decision we make and every action we take.

If you watch the way ripples interact, though, you'll see that they don't simply vanish into the horizon. Sometimes they rebound—whether from the edges of a container, or from the ripples that other people have set off. Sometimes they collide, and become larger, less predictable waves.

I believe that sometimes in our lives, the ripples we've set off might bring back to us little souvenirs we can cherish, just as the sea waves bring in shells and stones and other keepsakes. Or they can bring trash upon their swells—or even bear disaster. If that's fate, then yes, I believe in it. However, to me it all starts with the pebbles we drop into the waters ourselves.


Have you ever been in a relationship with someone & now looking back saying to yourself "What the f*ck was I thinking?"
I've fallen for certain guys whom, years later, I'll look at and think, "Good god, what was that all about?"

I think we tell ourselves certain stories about people in order to incorporate them into our lives, and sometimes we overemphasize certain attributes. We tell ourselves the guy's more handsome than he is, or smarter than he ever could be, or has winning personality traits that he obviously doesn't have. We overlook the obvious faults.

It's only later on, when there's more perspective, that we can see the truth we ignored earlier.


I'm a natural bottom, love taking it in both holes, cum the easiest when I'm stuffed. But I'm an ok top, not great. Plus, while I love both rough & gentle tops, my inner top waiting to be set free is a nasty boy. Any hints on improving my topping skills?
I'd suggest topping more often. There's no shortage of guys out there who are looking for tops. Any tops. Even okay-but-not-great tops. You could easily have your pick.

I suspect that your self-assessment of being merely adequate is fairly modest. If you want to get better, fuck a lot. Pay attention to your partners and how they respond to certain things you do; make sure to do the things they enjoy more often, and perhaps even more intensely.

And if your inner top is a nasty boy, let him loose. The wilder you fuck, the more you'll enjoy yourself. And the more you enjoy yourself, the more your partner will have a good time.

16 comments:

  1. I love doc who...have ever since Tom baker...he and David Tennant the best,,,Ive had a bit of a problem getting used to Matt Smiths more dumbed down version of the doc...but laast nights christmas special was a nice surprise...

    so I guess we share the geek factor...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,

    I don't think Matt Smith's Doctor is dumbed down, really; he's more hyper, and much younger in affect--which gives him more vulnerability than any of the more recent doctors, I think. That's appealing to me.

    There's also a lot of wit behind his machine-gun nattering, too. Not dumb at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy Matt Smith, though admittedly I'm a much bigger David Tennant fanboy. However lately, I've had a GARGANTUAN crush on River Song (aka Alex Kingston). Huge love for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't a fan of the "classic" Dr. Who hwen it was first on (it wasn't easily findable here, so I only vaguely knew of its existence). I started watching with the Christopher Eccleston revival and loved it. When he was replaced by David Tennant I didn't like it at first, but he grew on me. I'm finding Matt Smith growing on me too.

    I got a bunch of books for my Christmas - books on travel, birds, photography, a few collections of essays and some commentary - plus the DVD set of Fawlty Towers. Oh, and Judy at Carnegie Hall on CD. I think there's one present left to come but it's not due to ship till sometime after New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you'll appreciate that my unexpected Sunday at home has been spent with a mix of jerking off, ordering a new toy, & watching Dr. Who -- an Xmas special, even, though not the new one (I just got the specials after the 4th series & am watching the Cybermen Xmas one, plus I also got the 5th series).

    --M.B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not quite Dr who.. but close... be on the lookout for something from your wish list coming your way soon.. *grin* Belated Merry Christmas Mr. Breeder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I"m crushed....You didn't live up to your namesake of MrSteed64 and watch "Too Many Christmas Trees"??????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Richard,

    River Song is amazing. I love her too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cowboy,

    I was a fan of the classic Who, from the late seventies on. I still am, though I think the current one-hour installments are a better format for the show than the sometimes drawn-out and padded classic episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. M.B.,

    I totally missed that Cyberman Christmas special when it came out originally. I saw it was titled "The Next Doctor" and assumed it was a special about the choice of Matt Smith to succeed David Tennant.

    Imagine my surprise when I got the DVDs and realized it was an entirely new episode I'd never seen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. FelchingPisser,

    That would've been a worthy way to spend the holiday, but all my DVDs are packed away. And have been for six damned months now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo, thanks, NovaStorm. I'll look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Doctor Who. Did you see the new Christmas special? I really enjoyed it. My dad gave me a TARDIS t-shirt for Christmas. I'm excited for the new season, are you? ("I wear Stetsons, now. Stetsons are cool.")

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like Matt Smith's Doctor, he's a lot of fun. You can tell his version seems to really be going a mile a minute yet he'll stop at a point that seems random to everyone listening but will turn out to be really important. I've actually watched this year's Christmas Special 2 at this point. I actually felt this episode had some really great lines for the Doctor specificly "Marilyn! Get your coat."

    I'm really hoping we never learn the full story behind River. I enjoy the fact that she's the mystery woman that we can never really know but love all the same. How do you feel about Martha Jones? I loved her but I feel like she's been over shadowed being stuck between Rose and Donna.

    oh how do you feel about Fez's?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blackwatch,

    Fezzes are cool.

    Matt Smith's Doctor is highly verbal instead of moody and brooding, but there's a lot of sadness and wisdom behind the prattling.

    I was a Martha fan, actually, and liked her more than I ever liked Rose. Her devotion to the Doctor in "Human Nature" and "Family of Blood," in particular, really moved me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wonder what percentage of your readers are Doctor Who fans? I have been since the Tom Baker days... Care for a Jelly Baby? And, yes, River Song is awesome, in part due to the actress, I believe. As is Dr. Jones. She, I think I like more than River. But I also have to put Amy Pond in there as well. How not?
    I think I enjoy each Doctor as he appears, then grows on you. And it's quite fascinating that he has gotten younger as he approaches his final regenerations... Wonder how they'll deal with that?
    As for this question:
    If I met you right now, what do you think my first impression of you would be?
    That I need to put on some damned clothes.

    Totally incorrect answer, imho! If you had any on, I'd be pulling them off!

    JPinPDX
    (ha! a bit of a time traveller through these blogs, really. sad it's not so interactive. but, lovely the "Doctor" of the blogs still is.)

    ReplyDelete