Sunday, January 2, 2011

And a Happy New Year!

In case anyone wondered. . . .

I'd anticipated taking no more than a week off, over the holiday season, to spend time with my visiting family. I had precious little alone-time, sad to say--but it was a trade-off with which I could live, for the chance to be with people close to me.

Then the week took an unexpected twist. Saturday I found myself driving across Ohio and Pennsylvania en route to the east coast, in order to return the family back to their new home. Considering that I'd really only planned to drive them as far as the local airport, the additional twelve hours in the car was a little something of a surprise.

Tomorrow I'll be driving back to my Midwestern home, however. And after I get over the buzzy feeling from being in the car for so long (anyone along Route 80 want to give me a massage along the way?), I'll be back to my usual prolific posting.

Keep your fingers crossed for my safe trip home. And please know that I'm looking forward to sharing the events and thoughts of the new year with you all.

12 comments:

  1. Be safe...I have missed you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog.All I can say is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn stud, i'm only an hour from I-80. Makes me want to drive down there and meet up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drive back safely man, We all miss you and i hope that you had a good time with the family.
    Wiss you a Happy New Year and keep gining us the pleasure of reading you.

    Yves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful on the drive and be safe. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas (it sounds like you did!) and a great New Year. May 2011 be filled with great joy and limitless happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got to spend some time with the family. You have been missed. Wishing safe travels for you on the return and hope you can get some action along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure we shall wait patiently for your safe return. Hope you had a great holiday and hope nothing but contentment and success in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a safe return home. Looking forward to your regular posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see the counter has surpassed the 400 followers mark (404 as I type this). We'll have to "celebrate" when you get home. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m finally taking a break from your blog (from which I’ve been glued to for the past week) to comment on how much I’m enjoying reading your memories and your insights.
    I’m writing you a longer more detailed email soon, too much to fit in this little box lol.
    Looking forward to many more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that sounds like a treat for both of us: giving you a massage on your return trip. If only I were anywhere remotely near your route at the time. LOL!
    JPinPDX

    ReplyDelete